Create a new event¶
When creating a new event or editing and existing event there are a lot of options.
- Name for URL:
This is the name used in the URL for the registration.
Example: if the name for the URL is testevent then the registration is available under http://app.helfertool.org/testevent.
You should not change this value after the registration was opened or you sent a link to someone.
- Event name:
- This is the displayed name of the event, you can change it whenever you want.
- Text before registration:
- This text is shown on the registration page on top.
This text if displayed at the bottom on the registration page and after a helper registered.
Please add a mail address here in case some people want to contact you.
- Text after registration:
- This text is shown after a helper registered on top of the page.
- This mail address is used as reply-to address for the confirmation mails. Usually some people respond to these mails when they want to contact you. So you should make sure that mails sent to this address are read.
This image is displayed on top of the registration form.
Please use a reasonable image size! The image is not scaled down automatically at the moment. A width of 400 px should be really enough!
- Logo for Facebook:
- This image will be shown when a link to the event is posted on Facebook. The image size should be 1052 x 548 px, a higher resolution does not bring a better result here since Facebook scales the image down.
- Maximal overlapping of shifts:
If two shifts overlap more than this value in minutes it is not possible to register for both shifts. Leave empty to disable this check.
For example if two successive shifts overlap by 15 minutes you should set 15 here. Then a helper can register for both shifts but not for shifts with a higher overlap.
These people can edit the complete event (and also delete it, including all registrations!).
When you create a new event you will be set as admin automatically.
- Registration publicly visible:
The event is visible publicly.
The registration over links is possible even when this is not set.
- Ask for T-shirt size:
- Ask, if helper is vegetarian:
- Helpers have to confirm to be full age:
- There is a checkbox in the registration form for this. If someone does not click it he cannot register.
- Ask if helper wants to be notified about new events:
- The helper is asked if he wants to receive mails about further events.
- Show number of helpers on registration page:
- Registrations for public shifts must be validated by a link that is sent per mail:
If a helper does not validate its mail address there is a red cross shown in the table beside the name.
Even if a helper does not validate the mail address the helper is registered for the selected shifts anyway.
But for you this is a sign that the helper does not read his mails and maybe does show up to his shifts.
- Use badge creation:
- Activate the badge creation system, see Badges.
- Manage gifts for helpers:
- You can manage whether a helper got the T-shirt, the gifts for the shifts and payed caution for that, see Gifts.
- Use the inventory functionality:
- Helpers may receive some items like flashlights during their shift, you can manage the loan using barcodes on the badges and items.
- Available T-shirt sizes:
- You can specify the available T-shirt sizes here, if “Ask for T-shirt size” is enabled.